Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Katelyn's STRONG Opinion about the Baby

Quick story:
We were in Kohl's yesterday, picking out some shorts for Bryan to give him for Father's Day (and as soon as Bryan got home from work, Katelyn blurted exactly what we had bought for him...errr...). I stopped by the baby section to look for a gender-neutral coming-home outfit for the baby. A light green sleeper with matching cap and booties caught my eye and held it up to take a closer look and show it to Katelyn. I said, "I don't know if this could work for a boy" (it had little stars all over it and the booties were a little girly).
Katelyn: "Mommy, the baby IS a boy!"
Me: "We don't know that, you could have a baby sister."
Katelyn: "Mommy, if it's a baby sister I'm going to be VERY mad!!" and she crossed her arms and pouted.
And there you have it. I'm pretty sure this baby is a boy, but we don't know for sure. I know she'll get over it if she does have a baby sister, but I don't what she'll be like at first. Glad I won't be the one to give her the news!! The plus side of having a c/section...too groggy/drugged to make the phone calls immediately afterwards!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Boy, does Kately sound like a carbon copy of her father? If we weren't sure that K would spill the beans I would almost have Bryan tell her for sure what it was! She will love the baby for sure, but it might be a struggle for a bit :)