Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Movin' Right Along


Stand-off in the backyard. Bacino finds a cat perched up on our fence and they had a stare-down for almost 15 min. I forced Bacino to come inside when it looked like the cat was ready to jump down and pounce on her.


So happy in the exersaucer!!



"I need to exercize so I can be a ballerina" -Katelyn




Sitting next to Brady's bouncer, not giving him a moment alone (see blog below).





Sweet moment between Brady and I at Busch Gardens. I had just tickled his neck with my nose and my sister Ali took the picture.



Katelyn riding the "Gwazi Gliders" ride at Busch Gardens.



Bundled up on a chilly Florida morning at Busch Gardens.


Cute new winter coat and stuffed puppy "Floyd" with it's own carrying case (thanks Papa Butch!). Katelyn played with this dog all day and had me pretend I was Mama Nana (Bryan's mom) in Cleveland.




Bacino suffered an allergic reaction on Friday night. Her eyes swelled up, along with her snout. We have NO idea what she got into. Luckily, benadryl fixed the problem!






Tomorrow Brady has his 6 month check-up. Bryan and I were talking about his appt. and just can't believe he is 1/2 way to his first birthday already! This past 6 months have flown by! I really feel like I've blinked my eyes and now here we are.




Another note about Brady's appt. tomorrow...it is FINALLY a well visit!! We have been to our pediatrician so often, it's ridiculous. Brady has been fighting an awful cough since November. He's been on cough supresents, nebulizer, albuterol, and nothing has really helped. I took him back in on Monday and the dr. confirmed he has reflux and his cough is so bad because it's gotten out of control. We started him on baby zantac 2x a day and only 2 days later now, we see a MAJOR improvement!! Confession time: one of our pediatricians suspected reflux in Dec. and started Brady on the zantac, but we didn't see any improvement so they put him on a nebulizer and I stopped the zantac. I feel guilty for stopping the meds (I thought it was too many meds) and letting his reflux get to this point. He's eating better, sleeping better, etc. We're so relieved to find the cure!!




Brady has been eating solid food for about 2.5 months now. He loves everything we've given him! In the morning, I give him oatmeal and a fruit...he's had applesauce and pears and loves them both. For dinner, he has rice cereal and a veggie. I boiled and pured veggies and have them frozen in ice cube trays. He loves everything from peas to sweet potatoes. I make a large portion of food for him and he often cries for more. He really packs it away! Sleeping at night has also been great...he sleeps 12 hours straight now. Ahh, heaven! During the day, he usually takes a quick morning nap and then a 2-3hr. afternoon nap. The exersaucer is his new favorite toy and it's really helped strengthen his core muscles.




Katelyn has decided she does not like tv anymore and has turned it off. This sounds like a great thing, but there are times I wish she would just sit quietly and watch tv (esp. when I'm making dinner or feeding Brady). Instead, she wants to play with Brady all the time. When he's in the exersaucer, she is positioning his seat so he's playing with the toys SHE wants him to play with. If he's in the bouncy chair, she pulls up a chair right next to him and sings and chats with him. We've had to ban her from the room when he's playing on a blanket because she come close to stepping on him and takes his toys, etc. Most of the time, she does play nicely with him, but she has her moments when she gets too rough and he cries. This week she admitted to pinching him for no reason and she tries to tickle him, but if he doesn't laugh she digs harder and then he cries. She also has figured out our child proofing on the door knobs and can open any door. Today she let herself outside twice (once with Bacino who is in heat right now) without permission. Needless to say, she's been a handful. But as always with Katelyn, she has the sweetest side to her. At Starbucks, she watched me add one packet of "sugar in the raw" to my latte and stir it. Today, she walked right over to the counter, grabbed a packet of the sugar and took care of my drink. Every morning, she goes into Brady's room and sings to him, brings him toys, etc. while I get his bottle ready.



We ventured to Tampa and went to Busch Gardens with my sisters, brothers-in-laws, and mom and dad Salo. It started as a very cold day, but then warmed up and it was lovely. Katelyn and Brady were excellent all day and Bryan and I were able to ride the coasters with mom and dad salo there to help with the kids. It was a great day!

1 comment:

Lark said...

Sounds just like a big sister, there to torment, there to comfort :o) Amelia has taken to making Grant her 'puppy dog' and leads him around on a leash and tells him what all he can and cannot do. Grant actually enjoys the game and will go 'ruff ruff' when she tells him to. Big sisters, eh?