Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Baby on the Way :-)



What exciting news to share...we are expecting our second baby on July 30th! Such a blessing to have a positive pregnancy test on Thanksgiving morning, we couldn't believe our eyes. It was a HUGE surprise and only days before we were riding roller coasters at Busch Gardens (and yes...partaking in a beer or two!). We shared the news with our immediate family, asking them to keep the news quiet and most of importantly, asking for their prayers. Although we were excited, we were also very nervous and afraid of another miscarriage. On December 19th, we had our first ultrasound, desperate to hear/see that little heartbeat and get the confirmation we were praying for. I started crying before the ultrasound even started, just so nervous. I looked up at my doctor, studying the monitor as she started the ultrasound and I knew that look....it wasn't good. She was very quiet. I started crying a bit harder and said, "not again." She started asking me about the date of my last period, searching for something to appear on the screen. Then, a gift from God, a tiny, fuzzy kidney bean appeared on the screen and we saw the flickering of a very fast heartbeat. My doctor quickly measured it and said "8 weeks and 4 days, right on schedule! And a very fast heartbeat!" Okay, then I really cried. What a HUGE relief! We made an appt. for a month later (just had that appt. today...all went well) and then I cried again in the parking lot. I'm now just over 13 weeks along. I'm so thankful the first trimester is over...it was rough. That was the sickest I've ever been, although it was nice to lose a couple of pounds :-) I had another ultrasound at the hospital last week for my first quad screen and we had excellent views. The dr. offered to tell me the gender, but I don't want to know. It will be a surprise. Just like this pregnancy. A very long, difficult road for us. I feel like July will never get here and I'm just so excited about meeting this baby and holding him/her in my arms. I've already started dreaming about the birth and have dreamed it's a boy (also dreamed Kate was a boy). I know July will be here before I know it, but I just cannot wait!! Please keep us in your prayers.

1 comment:

Lark said...

I got all teary eyed reading your post. I am so excited about your gift from God!