Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Katelyn has an Imaginary Friend

I know it's a common thing at this age, with imaginations in full-swing, but I have to admit it freaks me out to know Katelyn has an imaginary friend. It started when we were in Cleveland, although I didn't realize it. She received a flashlight for Christmas and started looking under dark couches for her "stinks." No one knew what she was talking about and she described it as a lizard. I know she has a little gecko lizard here who lives part-time in her bedroom window, between the screen and glass. She has spent many a nap time gazing at this lizard and worrying about it when she doesn't see it. Now that is relatively cool here, the lizard has left the window. So, now she continues to look for her "Stinks" with the flashlight at home. Then she was crying in her room and told me Stinks got caught in her fan. I assured her nothing was in the fan and she was okay. The other day in her playroom, she told me Stinks was playing behind her (creepy....) and I've overheard her talking to it. I try not to bring attention to it and hope it will be one of those things that just fades with time. When I taught kindergarten, I had a little girl who brought her imaginary friend, "Paul McCartney," to school with her. I hope Stinks doesn't make it to school!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well at least we now know who stinks is! If it is an imanginary friend though wouldn't she have found him at least some of the time? Weird, but natural, like you mentioned. Stinks is a different name too..she is very creative! Barb had a friend for a long time and Dan had Nupin forever!