Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Weekend with the Grandparents







Last weekend, we had the pleasure of spending the day at Sea World with my mom and dad. They also have passes to SW and Busch Gardens, so we try to meet up at one of the parks once a month. Katelyn loves the parks, and it's TONS easier with mom and dad's help. We spent the morning there, visiting the sting rays (you can reach inside their pool/tank and stroke them), then the manatees and the dolphin show, topped off by a picnic lunch at Shamu's Happy Harbor (kid's play area) and 2 rides on the Shamu Roller Coaster. The weather was absolutely perfect! Later that evening, we drove down to Tampa to meet up with Bryan's parents (Mama Nana and Papa PJ), who were in town after a 12-day cruise (lucky!!). Since they live in Cleveland, we don't get to see them nearly as much as we want to, but luckily we skype and we see them on our computer. We were very excited to see them. Katelyn had fallen asleep in the car about 10 minutes from Tampa and Brady slept the whole way. She was quiet and shy at first, a bit disheveled from just waking from a deep sleep, but warmed right up to PJ and they went out to see the goldfish pond in the backyard. Bryan's mom was able to hold and snuggle with Brady. Much later that night, after we were all sound asleep, Brady awoke screaming at 3:30am. Usually, he's just lost his pacifier and you give it back to him and he's good, but not this time. I picked him up, checked his diaper, rocked him, walked with him...nothing was working. I was worried he was going to wake the house. I gave him a bottle and that seemed to work, he sucked down 6oz and was quiet. As soon as I laid him back down, he screamed. I rocked him back to sleep and laid him down carefully, then he screamed again. We got out his car seat, fastened him inside and put it inside the pack and play and he was quiet. As soon as we drifted off to sleep, he started screaming again...back out of the car seat, calmed him down and put him back down and he finally crashed! We were up from 3:30-5:30, and we were exhuasted! Thank goodness my MIL and FIL were here and they took the kids in the morning. The weather once again was perfect, so we spent the day outside and then Bryan took K and his parents to the park, while Brady napped. We played some games (one really good one called "wavelength") while K and B took afternoon naps, then capped off the night with a cookout, where my parents joined us. A perfect weekend!



P.S.



I thought I was taking pictures with my camera, but I was using my mom's camera, sorry for no pictures with my in-laws!

1 comment:

KellyW said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend minus the screaming baby!! Love the pictures!