Sunday, October 18, 2009

A Dream Come True


I know it's hard to read, but this is the Facebook announcement that I had won the "front row inner-circle" tickets to the U2 concert in Tampa on Friday, Oct. 9th. I heard on the radio that they were starting a contest...all you had to do is become a fan of this radio station on facebook and you were automatically entered to win. On Monday, Oct. 5th, I received a message that I had won and called the radio station to arrange a ticket pick-up. I'm pretty sure I was just in complete shock. U2 has been my absolute favorite band since junior high...I received the cassette of "Joshua Tree" for Christmas in 1986 or 1985 and I fell in love. I've also had a massive crush on Bono since then...our "love" has lasted for over 20 years :-) I have every live concert dvd they have released and every CD. I saw then live for the first time in Chicago at the Popmart tour...I think it was 1996?? We had okay seats, but it didn't matter to me...I was finally in the same room as Bono and the boys. I could not believe I was actually there. Five years later, I saw them in Chicago again. Our seats were a little closer and at one point in the concert, the lights were turned on in the arena and I swear Bono and I looked at each other...just for a brief moment (this has been a source of much teasing and doubt by my friends...BUT I know the truth :-). Six months later, after 9/11, we saw them in Tampa. My sister Ali, her husband Rob, and I had the worst seats...second to the last row, very end of the arena. I remember Garbage was opening the concert and we could barely see them. Ali accidentally spilled her beer and the beer ran down the step and got the person in front of us wet. Ali panicked and we just left our seats before she could turn around and get upset. Luckily, Rob had connections and his company was in one of the suites, so he made a quick phone call, and we were instantly upgraded and allowed inside the suite. Awesome!! Another great concert, with an amazing finale that honored all those killed in 9/11. I didn't think anything could top that...then I won these tickets.

A long walk to Raymond James Stadium in Tampa...we could see the spaceship set.

We've arrived at the inner circle....so close to the stage! Adam and Bono walked over that bridge several times.

Woo-hoo!! We made it!


Muse was the opening band...we both enjoyed their music.

No comments: