Sunday, September 16, 2007

Is the weekend over already???


How can it be Sunday afternoon already??? No, no, no. This weekend has gone by so quickly. It is so true....time really does fly by when you're having fun. My sisters Jenny and Michelle, along with her fiance Andy, came over Friday evening. We had some pizza after K hit the hay and then Andy put in a DVD he wanted us to watch. I think we all rolled our eyes a bit...oh no...a British TV show that none of us will understand. He had introduced me to a soap on BBC America called "Hollyoaks" and I really enjoyed it when I watched it with him. So, when I got home, I decided to tape it and Bryan and I watched it together. For the entire episodes, we kept saying, "Do you know what he's saying?" or "What does that mean?" or "Did you understand that?" etc. We had NO CLUE what the actors were saying, so I gave up. We needed subtitles. So, Andy's new show made us a little nervous but it was hilarious!! It's a tv show about celebrities...actors play various celebrities...like a spoof of True Hollywood Story. I particularly liked the George Michael story. We stayed up late watching all the episodes on the DVD. Good choice, Andy!


Saturday morning...we took our four puppies to the vet for their shots/exams/etc. They enjoyed their first car ride and were excellent patients. They now weigh 9.1-10.5 pounds. As the vet says, "they're hefers!" All of them passed their exams and were given the green light for adoption. They have 2 more weeks with us until they are allowed to go to their new homes. After running an ad in the paper for a few days, we received several calls about the pups and one couple came over Sat. afternoon. We talked with them for a long time, they went back and forth between two, and decided "Big Boy" was the puppy for them (see picture above). So, that's one puppy sold. I think Big Boy will be v. happy with them, although it's hard to imagine life without him. After they left, I was a bit sad, but I know it's a good thing. We have another family coming over tonight. Keep your fingers crossed!


We watched the Gators kill the Vols (yay!) and Katelyn created her "Number One Dance" in honor of their victory. She runs around pointing one finger in the air. Our friends from Gainesville came down to watch the game and spend the night. Katelyn had a blast running around and playing with their two boys, ages 3 1/2 and almost 2. We all headed over to Downtown Disney this morning, and although it was terribly hot, we enjoyed walking through the shops, watching magic tricks, taking a water taxi, and playing with Leggos at the Leggo Shop. One thing we did NOT enjoy....lunch at Rainforest Cafe. I suggested this as a lunch place, thinking the kids would love seeing the animatronic animals. The restaurant has huge aquariums, and is set up to look like you are eating beneath the trees of a rainforest. Well....the service was awful, the food was way overpriced and not very good at all, and worst of all, the kids were TERRIFIED of the animatronic animals and a fake thunderstorm every 20 minutes. Not one of my best ideas! Katelyn covered her ears and sat on our laps for a while and I had to carry her to the restroom so she could "hide" from the animals. We couldn't get out of there fast enough!!


So, now the Browns are actually beating Cincinnati (who knew!) and K is finally napping. The Emmy's are on tonight (can't wait!) and we await the arrival of the family looking for a golden puppy. Will keep you posted....


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on selling Big Boy. I am sure he will be very happy in his new home but it will be hard for them to leave you. Which other pup were they considering?

Too bad about the Rainforest Cafe. We love the one in Las Vegas and the food is always pretty good there. It is too bad the kids were afraid of the surroundings.

Marirose said...

Hi Carol,
I love your blog. It looks like you are having a wonderful time raising your family in sunny Florida. The pups are so cute but Katelyn steals the show. Love, A.Marirose

melanie said...

CAROL! I love it! And I love the pics! I am so glad you are doing this. :) I will check it often.

I have heard and had the same experience at the Rainforest Cafe. How do they stay in business? I guess with lots of first time vacationers...

talk to you soon!