Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Back to our one...




Back to our one dog, that is. All four puppies (new names: Charlie (curly), Floyd (golden boy), Duffy (big boy), and McEwan "Mac" (Magellen) have been taken to their new homes. Their new owners all so excited to scoop them up and take them. I have to say, we were excited as well! In the last 2 weeks, they've gone from being no problem to being lots of work! It was easy to spend an hour in the morning getting them outside, fed, and bedding changed out and cleaned, then repeat the process later that evening. But they were so worth it! Katelyn cried today when the last one left (Curly). Tears came to my eyes as she watched him drive away then yell and cry, "Curly! Come Back!" I didn't want to cry in front of her, but I felt like I could've easily lost it. Bryan was away at a softball game, so I had to be the strong one. I managed to calm her down and get her in the bath and we said a special prayer for all the puppies. The new owners have all been wonderful and e-mail us frequently with updates and pictures. All pups are adjusting well (except night time) and the new families have fallen in love with them. It's a great to have that peace of mind. We'll have another litter of puppies in a year and look forward to doing it all over again. For now, we're just happy to be back to our one and only golden, who has been the very best mommy in the world.

1 comment:

melanie said...

Sweet K! I would have cried too if I were you! Glad you have less stress now. K is so big in these pics. WOW how time flies (I am so OLD for saying that).