Thursday, May 29, 2008

Baby Shower



Friends from our playgroup in Gainesville were so sweet and gave us a baby shower on Saturday, May 17th. We were so excited to see everyone and were amazed at how much the kids have grown and changed. Our friend Kelly hosted the shower at her new home (so beautiful!!) and we were treated to lunch, cake, and lots of adorable baby gifts. It was a special day for many reasons, but above all, this was a day we really celebrated our new addition and the pregnancy felt real. I can't speak for Bryan, but for me, I've kind of put up a wall and distanced myself a bit from this pregnancy, vowing not to get as hurt if something happened to this baby. We've been so lucky and everything has been going well this time around, but we still haven't bought anything new for the baby, prepared the nursery, etc. During this shower, it was surreal to know the gifts were for our baby and our friends were celebrating our new baby. I got teary at one point with my friend Monica...tears of joy! The baby's dresser is now full of new toys, towels, clothes, etc. I can't wait to get everything organized and ready...I think that is the fun part!! I'd like to skip the c-section please :-)

So, to all of our dear friends in Gainesville, a HUGE thank you for making this such a special day for us!! We had a wonderful time and appreciate all the baby gifts. Your friendship means so much to us and we still miss you terribly!!

1 comment:

Lark said...

We love you too and can't wait to meet the new baby :o)