Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Izzy B, the Busy Bee





Izzy B, the Busy Bee has been one of Katelyn's many nicknames for years now (Izzy is from her middle name, Isabelle). It has certainly held true! This child is non-stop!! And when it is time to stop (time for bed, time to leave somewhere, etc.) this where we have our meltdowns. Especially when someone is leaving or she has to leave someone's house. Every other Monday evening our church group meets and we alternate houses where we meet. Of course everyone else's house has cooler toys and most of them have stairs, which according to Katelyn is "so cool." You always want what you do not have!! At the end of every meeting, Katelyn falls apart, not wanting to leave. For the past several meetings I've had to carry her out, screaming her head off. She loves the company, the new toys, etc. and we've really been struggling with things having to end. I give her time and warnings (we're leaving in 10 minutes, etc.) and she's fine until it's time to go. It's almost like separation anxiety all over again!!


Top picture is of Katelyn dressed up as a pirate. Interesting!


Every Thurday morning, we meet her best buddy DJ at a local park where they have a free splash pad for the kids to run around. I like this one because it's fenced in and not nearly as slippery as most (word of warning: stay away from the splash pad at Downtown Disney....way to crowded, too open, and it's like a slip and slide!). Katelyn and DJ have a blast running around the water and it wears them out :-) Yes!


I need to take a belly picture and post it. I am getting big!! I'm carrying totally different than with K and am mostly out front and high. Sleeping continues to be a challenge. I know it's our body's way of preparing us for the interrupted sleep we get once the baby arrives, but we should really be rested and ready for our newborns...not starting out tired!! I'm experiencing "pregnancy insomnia" as my book labels it...I can't either fall asleep or stay asleep. Most of the time it is because of my need to use the bathroom, but then my mind starts racing and I feel the baby start kicking and I have so much trouble falling back asleep. I've gotten out of bed and done some work on the computer at 3am, or watched tv, I've moved to the guest bed....if Bryan was out of town yesterday and not sleeping so soundly at 2:45, I would've seriously cleaned out my closet, as that was all I could think about!! By noon, I'm a zombie and counting the minutes until K's nap. This is all so new to me...I slept soundly until I was 38 weeks with Katelyn. I'm so jealous of my younger self :-)

No comments: