Sunday, July 20, 2008

Ready for Baby...

It's so hard to believe the new baby will be here tomorrow!! I just can't believe it. I'm getting so excited and anxious...it's 5:30am on Sunday and I've been awake for a while now. It's actually nice to have the house so quiet :-) Our c-section has been moved up an hour to noon and I had a pre-op appt. at the hospital on Friday morning. I feel so much better after the appt. The nurse walked me through the entire process and showed me the OR's and recovery rooms. Now I know exactly where to go and what to expect. She spent over an hour with me and answered all my questions, took all my info., and of course, also took more blood. After all the tests and blood work over the last nine months, sometimes I am amazed there is any blood left at all! Today, Bryan and I are planning to tie up all our loose ends and do a very good house cleaning. My parents will be here this afternoon and they will be staying for 2 weeks. We are so thankful for their help!! Katelyn is so excited to see them!
Speaking of Katelyn, she has been cracking us up lately with expressions that come out of her mouth. I have to share some with you:
My dad bought donuts a few weekends ago and Katelyn inhaled one. She reached in the box for a second helping and I took the donut away from her and ripped it in half. I know she would be complaining of a stomach ache if she ate 2 donuts. K wasn't too pleased with this, looked up at me and said, "Hey, what's the big idea??" (Donald Duck says this on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse).
We just had to laugh.
Out of the blue, she told Bryan and I, "We're going to have a bundle of joy soon!"
Yesterday, she was in trouble for climbing up on the toilet and opening a cabinet to get out a squirt bottle she wanted. I told her she could get hurt by climbing up on the toilet, plus the things in the cabinet are not safe for her. She looked upset and said, "That's a safety violation!" (for those who don't watch "playhouse Disney" every morning, there's a quick cartoon every morning called "Lou and Lou Safety Patrol" where a brother and sister are basically tattle-tales and go around looking for "safety violations.")
Katelyn seems to be getting excited about the baby's arrival. She has her "big sister" t-shirt ready to go!
We'll be sending pictures and updates soon. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers tomorrow.

No comments: