Wednesday, July 22, 2009

First trip to the ER


For years now, we've watched Katelyn trip over her own feet, ride her bike into parked cars, walk into walls, etc. and we keep saying "we didn't name you Grace for a reason," and held our breath to make sure she was okay. Well, last Monday, while "dancing" with her friend DJ, she tripped over her own two feet and fell on her face, her tooth going right through her lip. I managed to stop the bleeding (so much blood!)...her friend was ghost-white and silent. Probably traumatized. Brady was crying with Katelyn. Once I could see what was bleeding, I saw her lip was torn. K was HYSTERICAL and one point I thought I should slap her across the face to snap her out of it...she was beyond reason. I called my mom, who told me to call the pediatrician, who told me to take the ER for stitches. Bryan was able to come home and take over watching Brady and DJ and his little brother (I was babysitting them at the time while their mom was at an ultrasound) and I took K, now mostly settled down, to the mini-ER, an urgent care center near us. We waited about an hour, then the dr. said the cut, although v. deep, could not get stitches because it was too far inside her mouth. They gave her a prescription for an antibiotic, since the cut was so deep and open and we were on our way home. The first of many trips to the ER, I'm sure!!!

1 comment:

melanie said...

OH CAROL. of course it was when you were babysitting. Sweet Katelyn. I am so sorry! Glad she is ok.

LOVE the pic btw. :)