Thursday, March 6, 2008

Big Ultrasound Tomorrow (and I'm nervous!)

Where has the first half of this pregnancy gone? Okay, the first trimester was awful (probably up there with one of the most difficult times of my life. Imagine 6 weeks of a terrible stomach flu..for those of you who haven't already suffered through...and for those of you who go on longer than the first trimester puking away, I don't know how you do it!!), but once 12 weeks hit, this pregnancy has hit warp speed. There are days I actually forget I'm pregnant, mostly because I'm feeling so good and Katelyn keeps me so busy and distracted (oh yes, distracted...more on that later!). Every once in a while I feel a little kick and flutter and it brings me back to reality. Well, tomorrow morning at 10am we have our "big" ultrasound. This takes close to a half hour and the big deal is you can find out the gender of the baby. I'm always nervous before every visit (please let everything be okay/let's hear that heartbeat/it that too slow or too fast/etc), but I'm v. nervous about tomorrow. I think it's because we're bringing Katelyn this time. The last time we brought her to an ultrasound, we received the heartbreaking news that we had miscarried. I'm also nervous to accidently see the baby's privates...I want this baby's gender to be a surprise. If I were to take a wild guess, just based on what I feel, I would guess this baby is a girl (terrible morning sickness and I'm carrying exactly the way I did with K, also have been having a high heartbeat), but I don't want to know. We have decided on a boy and girl name and will wait until the baby is born to know. It's so, so tempting to find out tomorrow (and I could've found out a 12 week ultrasound), but this one is going to be a surprise for all of us :-) Will keep you posted....

No comments: