Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Surprise Trip to Sea World!!




Sea World is one of the best parks we've ever been to. We received free passes about 2 years ago and have been hooked since. They have a great deal where you can pay for one day and come back all year, no blackout dates (unlike Disney!). Well, we decided to renew our annual passes and Katelyn has been begging to go back. I woke her up yesterday morning and surprised her with the news that we were going to Sea World that day. You should've seen her face!! She was so excited! Her mind started racing and she started listing everything she wants to do once we get there. First thing on her list (as always), is a trip to the dolphin show. This show is amazing and there is a female trainer called "Marina" who is featured in the show. K is just so taken with her. We hear about Marina often and this trip we were able to meet Marina after the show and get K's picture taken with her. To put it in perspective, it's like me getting my picture taken with Bono. She was thrilled!! And sweet Marina took her time with Katelyn and talked to her a bit. We might have a future dolphin trainer on our hands...

Now that we have our passes, we'll be going often. I'm looking forward to the spring break crowds to leave at the end of the month. I have to admit, I'm slowing down now and can't keep up Katelyn's pace all day. My feet really swelled by the end of the day and I was exhausted when I came home that afternoon. A big benefit to having an annual pass is not feeling like you have to stay all day and a few hours at the park is plenty. Sea World, here we come :-)

No comments: