Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Going Home!!





We're leaving the hospital today and I can't wait. I thought I'd dread leaving, afterall the service here is wonderful...eat what you want, when you want, have your meal delivered to you, dirty dishes taken away, water refills on demand, help with the baby at night, help with anything anytime...etc. And this beautiful view!! I feel like I'm in the penthouse suite up here (see attached picture). But I am ready to go home! I woke up early and eager today. The dr. stopped by early, 10am, and signed my discharge papers. We do have to wait for a billi-blanket to be arranged for delivery to our home, but that's it. Brady has a slight case of jaundice and the ped. suggested taking care of it at home just incase it spikes over the weekend.
So, it took A LONG time for this billi-blanket and we ended up checking out at 3pm. We got Brady dressed in his "going-home" outfit and stopped by Bryan's work quickly. Everyone from his office came down to the street to say hi and see Brady. I didn't have time to take my pain pills before we left and I was hurting, so I wasn't able to get out of the car to say hi, just waved to them, but they seemed to understand. Bryan took Brady out of the car to show him off. When we got home, my sister Michelle and her fiance Andy were waiting for us (Michelle just returned from a work trip to India). My friend Jeanne dropped off pasta and meatballs for dinner...so delicious!! Katelyn was happy to have us at home. She was calling Brady, "that baby", but now she calls him by name and seems to understand he is her brother and he's not going anywhere.
Our first night at home was a dream....Brady got up around 2:30am, then up at 6am and that was it!! We're supplimenting with formula until my milk is all in and that is really satisfying him. Life is so much easier when you have a good night's sleep!! I hope this continues!!

1 comment:

Lark said...

Holy cow! You look gorgeous! I looked all bloaty for weeks after Grant was born. Congrats again!