Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Recovering....




Okay, the pain is pretty bad when you "come to" after the c-section and all the really good drugs wear off. Trying to move in the bed, just reaching for my dinner tray or Brady hurts! Everything below my belly button is extremely sore. I'm still hooked up to my epidural and I have pain meds flowing into my back, controlled by a button I can push as many times as I want. When I push the button, I can feel this cold rush in my back and I know the meds are coming in. The meds help, but I'm really feeling the effects of the surgery. Luckily, Bryan is here and spending the night. He's changing all the diapers, handing Brady to me for feedings, etc. I don't know what I'd do without him. We sent Brady to the nursery for the night and gave the nurses permission to give him a bottle and use the pacifier. I thought we'd be getting a good night's sleep, but at 2am, the lights went on and my nurse, Linda, came in to get me out of bed and walking to the bathroom. Ouch!! It took a while just to swing my legs to the side of the bed. Still lots of blood and pain. After a VERY slow walk to the bathroom and back, it was close to 3am and Bryan was awake, watching my first walk. I went right back to sleep, but then at 6am, the pediatric nurse came in with Brady and we got him right on the breast...he was hungry!! They took him back to the nursery for his check-up (they are checked by pediatricians every morning) and we went ahead and authorized a circumsision for that morning. Bryan went to the nursery to give him a little pep talk, and ended up watching the circumsision (our pediatrician was wonderful and involved us in everything, but I can't believe Bryan observed the whole thing!!). The whole procedure only took 5 minutes! Brady is still sleeping almost all the time and hasn't fussed or cried at all! Mom and Dad will be by with Ali this morning for a visit while K is at school, then will return with K this afternoon. I love this hospital!! The food is delicious and the nurses have to be the sweetest people in the world. My nurse Linda last night was wonderful and so patient with me walking at a snail's pace. I'm feeling a little better today, recovery will get easier as the days pass'

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Brad and I are SO happy for you guys!!