Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Baby Update and an Exicted Big Sister

I had my 16 week appt. today with my OB (we're a week off due to Christmas, I'm actually 17wks now). Everything went well...a quick and easy appointment. I have finally put on some weight after a very difficult first trimester. On one side, it was great to see the weight go up and know I'm feeling 100% better, but seeing that scale jump (up 7 lbs in one month, but with the loss at the beginning, it's only a total gain of 5 lbs) is not easy. I have been taking advantage of my pregnancy this month and eating whatever I feel like, whenever I feel like it. I will put a stop to that this month. We still have 5 months to go....can't afford 7lbs a month!! The heartbeat is slowing down a bit now and went from 161 to 147. The nurse said the baby could be resting and fluctuations are normal. It was such a relief to hear that strong heartbeat as soon as the monitor touched my belly...no more searching and anxious waiting.
Katelyn is getting more excited about the baby. We're taking her to our ultrasound on March 7, so she can see the baby and hear the heartbeat. Today she said she wanted to hold the baby since it is getting better and keeps insisting it is a little sister. The other day she told me the baby needs bottles, pacifiers, and little socks. I told her we could go shopping together and she could pick out little socks for the baby. She thought about it and said, "Actually, I'd like to stay home." Okay, then!

No comments: