Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Felt the First Kick!!!

I just turned 18 weeks preggie today and I have been so anxious to feel this baby move. Everyone keeps saying you feel the second one so much sooner and as early as 14wks you can feel movement. At my dr. appt. last week, they asked me if I felt anything. I thought I did...but wasn't sure. Felt more like gas or even a little like nervous butterflies. Since our miscarriage 2 years ago, I have spent most of this pregnancy in constant fear that something is going to go wrong. I'm a nervous wreck at every dr. appt. It's been a bit easier since the first trimester passed, but then I hear about friends of friends who lost their babies at 20 weeks, 23 weeks, etc. and the fear starts up again. I have been desparate to feel a real movement for weeks. Today, I just lay down to watch Oprah from yesterday as K is napping and just finished lunch. Out of nowhere I felt two consectutive kicks to my left side. No doubt in my mind that was the baby and God letting me know all is well. I just started crying, so relieved and so happy to feel this little one so active and after all the tough times and long wait to feel the familiar kicks is just the best feeling in the world!!!!

No comments: