Thursday, February 7, 2008

Wedding Planning and Bump Watch


My sister Michelle is planning her November wedding and as her sisters and bridesmaids, we love to be involved in the details. This weekend, we met at a wedding expo at Ann Taylor (successful trip, we found perfect bridesmaid dresses that we could truly wear again!), then to a bridal shop to try on gowns. She tried on lots of gowns, I'd guess close to a dozen, and narrowed it down to three. We all had our opinions, but in the end, none felt perfect so she left to think about it. Today, she found a gorgeous gown at a different bridal shop that is perfect for her! Mom also found adorable pink flower girl dresses, so we have most everything done! She is the last of the four of us to get married, so we're all enjoying the last family wedding.

I'm a religous reader of "US Weekly", "In Touch," etc. If it's a celebrity gossip magazine, I read it. A fun escape. Anyway, a big thing in those magazines is the "bump watch" where they photograph and sometimes even circle baby bumps on celebrities. It's exciting to pregnant with the "hollywood baby boom." I just found out Gwen Stefani and I are due within a week of each other. I'm also relieved to see she is also showing now :-) So, in this picture, you can see my baby bump. It's starting to grow! The baby is now the size of a softball, I'm 15 1/2 weeks along and just loving this second trimester!! I really feel like myself again. The first trimester was really rough...makes me appreciate this time even more! I am getting up twice a night to pee and sometimes have a hard time getting back to sleep. I'm usually up around 1am, go right back to sleep, then up at 4:3o am and that's when I get restless. I end up falling back asleep, but it takes a while. I think the baby is in a bad spot right now. I thought I felt the baby move last week, but I'm not sure it wasn't just gas, and haven't felt anything since. I'm excited to start feeling this baby move! If our early ultrasound is any indication, this baby is VERY active!

Okay, on a side note, Katelyn is currently having a MAJOR fit in her bedroom. Bed time and nap time have been distasterous lately. She screams, gets out of her bed, throws things, refuses to sleep, etc. At nap time, I have to carry her into her room. She kicks her head board, yells, etc. I'm telling you, it's like an episode of SuperNanny! This is VERY unlike her. Bed time has been smooth and nap time is quiet. I don't know what is going on with her. She has been close to the perfect child for months, and this week has been extremely difficult! I have no idea what has caused this shift. She is also starting separation anxiety...again, never really a problem for her. She gets very upset whenever we leave anywhere...my parents house, DJ's house, Barnes and Noble, you name it...even home. If we get in the car and start driving down the road, she begs me to turn around and go back. I'm telling you...she is testing me to the limits!!

1 comment:

Lark said...

Look at you in your sassy sexy maternity dress, you are a hot mama! You are looking great Carol!