Thursday, September 18, 2008

Just can't keep up...

I've turned into such a bad blogger since Brady arrived! And I have so much to say everyday and just don't seem to have an opportunity to sit and blog at all. I honestly don't know where the hours go during the day. It's not like I have anything to show for all the time that goes by...I don't cook elaborate dinners or bake desserts from scratch. My house is tidy, but not super-clean, and there's always of e-mails in my inbox to respond to or voice mails waiting to be returned. Please be patient with me :-) This adjustment from one, pretty independent child, to two children (one totally relying on me for his every need) has thrown me for a loop. I was warned and warned again that life would be v. different once Brady arrived, but until you live it, I don't think you can truly understand. It's hard to explain...it's not terribly difficult, just extremely time-consuming and exhausting. I'm very lucky because Brady is such a good sleeper and has been from day one. He's also an excellent eater...so excellent that he drains me dry and sometimes has more formula in a day than breastmilk because I just can't keep up with him. Also, I have them napping at the same time almost every day, so that does give me a break. It's barely enough time to eat lunch, clean up, and cat nap on the couch before one of them is awake, but it's still a break and I truly enjoy the silence. It's just been a big adjustment. It's hard to ever imagine there being any time or energy left for me (will I ever scrapbook again???), but I know there will be and I hate to wish away these early weeks with Brady. I know how quickly it flies by!!
So, in a nutshell, here's what's been going on in the Burless House since my last blog:
Brady is now 11 lbs. and had his first round of shots this week (he's 8wks old now). He did pretty well, just screamed during the actual pricks and later when his tylenol wore off. Poor little guy had a double ear infection and cold 2 wks. ago, very early to start all that. The pediatrician warned me that ear infections may "be his thing" and we could be looking at tubes in his ears later. We'll see!! He is smiling so much now and is cooing. He only cries when he's hungry (and you better feed him fast!!) or when there's a burp ready.
Katelyn is still so busy! She's become obsessed with "I Spy" books and "If you give a mouse a cookie." The cartoon "Arthur" has become her new favorite. Funny things she's been saying, "Mom, you're a genius!!", "sometimes you have to zip your lips at rest time" (and she tries to demonstrate), "it's fun to have a baby brother. Thank you God." Her birthday is coming up next month and she wants a Dora/Diego party and has been asking everyone for a pogo stick. Turns out Tigger bounces around on one and she thinks it looks quite fun. We've all told her it's too dangerous, but she's persistent!! It's like "A Christmas Story" when the boy wants his beebee gun. Please NO ONE get her a pogo stick!! We'll be in the ER!
Bryan has been busy with work and weddings and bacheor parties and football....etc. We're finally both back home this weekend. It's been quite hectic.
I need to pick up K from school, but I'll post pictures soon.

No comments: