Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Days go by....


Smiling away in his bouncey seat (his favorite).

Katelyn insisted I take this picture of her "doing ballet."


Brady LOVES his bath time! This hammock is the best invention ever! He just lays there and really can't go anywhere.

This is how we do bathtime at home...get them both done at the same time. This bath time has lead to many discussions about girl part and boy parts....

Holy moly, Brady is 10 weeks old already!! I just do not know where the time goes. I say that to myself everyday...it's noon already, where did the morning go?...how can it be 10pm already???.... I just can't stand how quickly this is all going. I know it's because Brady is our last baby and I just want to savor every second with him and it's all going so quickly. Part of life, I guess. Brady is now cooing and even has a little giggle started. Every once in a while he even takes a big breath in and screeches. He's getting stronger and can hold his head up on his own now and does well with his tummy time. So far, we've avoided a flat head and that bald spot babies get on the back of their heads. His skin seems to break-out in little bumps often, not sure if it's the heat or just some baby acne. We've fallen into a great routine...wakes for the first time around 5:30am for a feeding, then goes back to sleep until 8am. Eats and is very awake until around 10:30...eats again and naps. Another feeding around 1pm and takes his long nap until approx 5-6pm. Eats and then is awake until bed time, about 10pm. Repeat. Brady is gaining lots of weight (I think we're up to a triple chin) and is just the sweetest baby. If every baby was like this, honestly I'd have a dozen more :-) Well, that's a bit much, especially after seeing that "17 kids and counting..." show last night!! I've started calling Brady "dreamboat" because he's just such a dream baby! I was so nervous I'd have a fussy baby because Katelyn was also a good baby and every warned me, "wait unitl your next one..." He does have his moments occaisionally (last night at church group he screamed so loudly...poor guy had such a bad burp!) and he does get a bit cranky at night before bed when he's tired, but other than that I'm telling you he is soooo good. Makes life soooo much easier!!


Katelyn is doing great this week. She is excellent in school and her teacher told me today she is ready for kindergarten. Too bad she has such a late birthday...we have a whole additional year of preschool next year before she can start. She really enjoys her preschool at our church and loves getting the responsibility of being line leader, snack helper, and today she was the caboose, ("I have to make sure everybody stays in the line!!").


Jealousy does come through on occasion and that is not pretty. She had a complete meltdown last week while we were out at Chuck E. Cheese and then out for a pizza lunch with friends. I thought it would help to do something fun with her friends, but instead she just couldn't handle it and had several tantrums. It was a VERY challenging day. Once we were home and she was in bed for a nap, I stood in my pantry (not sure why) and just cried. I struggle with balancing my time between the two of them and often I feel like it's Brady who gets the short end of the stick. I didn't know how easy it was to just have one child! I know every mom struggles with this, but it's still so hard. Some days go so smoothly and I think, this is okay, I can handle this and other day (like the meltdown day) I think it's nearly impossible. I've just realized you have to take it one hour at a time...

No comments: