Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Universal Studios


Here we are with Beetlejuice....I spilled coffee on my white t-shirt within an hour of being in the park...errr! And yes, my boobs are still ginormous.

Katelyn in the gift shop after the mummy ride in some Egyptian head gear.

K and B togehter outside the simpsons ride (the ride made me want to puke).

On Saturday, we decided to do something fun and get out of the house for the day. We have annual passes to Universal/Islands of Adventure and we've only used them once (when I was VERY pregnant in July...not such a fun experience!). I wasn't sure how Katelyn would do without a nap or how Brady would do in his stroller all day, but to me it was worth the risk...I wanted to get out and ride some rides!! The weather was awesome, although a bit hot in the sun and it was a little crowded, but we had a great time. Brady was an absolute champ in his stroller and would doze off and on during the day and when he was awake would just look around quietly. When we waited in lines, he was content being held, although Bryan and I had to pass him back and forth because our arms would burn....he is getting HEAVY! Katelyn was also great...no meltdowns and she had so much fun. One thing we learned is to hold Barney over her head (there is a little Barney Land in Universal). Anytime trouble would start, all we had to say was, "do you want to see Barney?" and trouble ended. Bryan and I took advantage of the Child Swap program, where they have an area with benches near the ride where one parent waits with the kids and the other rides, then you switch. Some rides even let parents cut in line to do this. We were able to walk right onto the mummy ride (awesome!!). There's a great Irish pub in the park where we eat and drink everytime we're there and we had our picture taken with the Beetlejuice Revue. I was able to ride the kiddie coaster with Katelyn and we had a blast, but the poor kid...once we did reach Barney...they locked his doors and she never did get into his playground. But she handled it well :-)

No comments: